Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tweed Ride + Saturday Market





















   So my outfits are getting a hair better: I'm actually wearing interesting jewelry! WOAH! Of course, in these picture you can't really see the necklace, but, hey, it was there.

   The first adventure today was to the Saturday Market in Portland, where I bought a print of beautiful art, three rings, and a new coffee mug. It was the most perfect day for it, and I had a great time talking to the vendors. One day, I'm going to own a stand at Saturday Market!

   The second adventure was to the Tweed Ride in Peninsula park, where my mom, dad, and I took pictures of the CLASSIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH. Seriously! This ride is all about putting on tweed, looking like you stepped off the set of a movie, and riding your vintage (or vintage-looking) bike ten miles! Fun? You bet your bottom dollar! I was so inspired by everyone's lovely attire, I had to hold myself back from going to the local thrift store in that second. These people are FABULOUS. Tea length skirts? Hats with flowers? Colorful knee-high socks? Mustaches shaped with wax? YES PLEASE!

After that I transformed into a barista, and played with coffee for the rest of the day.

And on wednesday I'm doing some serious thrifting. Goodwill, prepare yourself for hurricane Emily.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment